This one only deserves 2.5 stars.
Really doubt flipkart.com, why its always shown in the best selling category. Not worth it.
The starting imitated chetan bhagat’s style – mental asylum/hospital and all.
The structure of the story is one thing that lacked in this novel and many others by Indian authors.
– just because your first love was in different city, doesn’t mean you go ahead and find someone else.
– humor doesn’t come by writing – ‘i went to the stage, i started telling double meaning jokes and people were in laughter’
– the title of the book and the ending could have been better. The title doesn’t resonate with the contents inside the book
– in short it doesn’t flows smoothly
the only saving grace is its writing style – easy read / college story.
I bought this book because of three reasons
– good promos, by creating a short youtube video
– the author is also an screen writer in much hyped movie Ra.one
– Shahrukh himself has launched it
Got the book and started reading.
The book has so many flaws, I now realized why the Ra.one movie got doomed.
It started so well, that i was thrilled to complete it as fast as I can. But as I reached 20th page, my enthu died down. It took me nearly 15 days – 2 hours each to complete the book. (no I am not a slow reader, but wanted to understand every bit of the book)
I felt so bad after reading the end, that i decided I will no longer waste anytime to write the review. But few weeks down the line, here I am to save you from the effort.
My take in short
it started quite well – but that’s about it.
too many problems
– weak story structure
– too many characters, to remember
– flawed connection between chapters
– weak ending